JAGUAR RETURNS TO RACING WITH I-TYPE, ADAM CARROLL, MITCH EVANS, HO-PIN TUNG AND PANASONIC
Posted: 19-09-2016 09:01 am
Jaguar takes the wraps off its new electric motorsport future, revealing its Formula E team’s official name, vision, title sponsor, driver line-up and electric racing livery.
- First all-electric Jaguar Racing car, the I-TYPE 1, unveiled in full race livery and set to inspire a new generation of fans
- Panasonic announced as title partner for Jaguar’s return to global motorsport in the FIA Formula E Championship
- Driver line-up mixes youth and experience of Adam Carroll, Mitch Evans and reserve driver Ho-Pin Tung to spearhead Jaguar’s Formula E campaign
- Jaguar Land Rover, Britain’s largest R&D investor, underscores its commitment to ‘Race To Innovate’ using the championship as a platform to develop the next generation of electric powered road cars
- Panasonic Jaguar Racing set to make its debut in Hong Kong in the opening race of the third FIA Formula E season on Sunday 9 October 2016 following a successful test program
Jaguar today takes the wraps off its new electric motorsport future, revealing its Formula E team’s official name, vision, title sponsor, driver line-up and electric racing livery.
From this October, Panasonic Jaguar Racing will compete in the third FIA Formula E season with the first all-electric Jaguar racing car in history: the I-TYPE 1.
At the launch event at the Jaguar Collections Centre, the new I-TYPE 1 made a dramatic debut driven by the team’s official reserve driver Ho-Pin Tung and outlining the brands commitment to ‘Race To Innovate’ – a mission to change the perception of electric vehicles, to develop new electric technology and to inspire future generations.
Jaguar detailed its partnership with Panasonic that will see the leading electronics and automotive technology company partner with the Jaguar Racing Formula E team to develop a future that promises to push the boundaries of electric technology in a performance environment. In addition, Jaguar was pleased to announce Lear Corporation will join the team as an Official Team Partner.